Thursday, May 6, 2010

read: Little Fuzzy

Little Fuzzy Little Fuzzy by H. Beam Piper


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
When John Scalzi mentioned this book on his blog, I knew it would be classic and quaint. But I expected it to be a little more timeless. I look forward to seeing what Mr. Scalzi does to update it.

In the meantime, I listened to the audiobook to see what the hubbub was about. Wow. Piper wrote a future that is just like our present, except we have travel to other worlds, contra-gravity, and verdicators (advanced lie detectors). Overall, the story was interesting enough and pleasant enough. However, I found the writing fairly clunky. I also disliked some stereotypical characters and a bit of deus ex machina at the end. Nevertheless it was enjoyable. [More...]

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment