Saturday, January 1, 2011

"The Sorcerer's Apprentice" [B]

I liked this film quite a bit. Maybe even a more like a B+ or even A-. I thought the main story actually worked pretty well. The sense of magic and wonder and the link to science was pretty cool (if a bit ridiculous and not always consistent). The visual effects were marvelous. The nods to Disney (and even Star Wars) were fun.

But I had to mark it down a point or two because I thought the love story didn't really work very well and I really didn't like the casting choice for the apprentice (on the other hand, Nic Cage turn as the sorcerer was brilliantly underplayed madness, for him). Otherwise, this is a fun movie that will no doubt stop my channel flipping when I next run across it.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (IMDb)

No comments:

Post a Comment