Thursday, January 13, 2011

read Billy Boyle

Billy Boyle (Billy Boyle World War II, #1)Billy Boyle by James R. Benn

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There's probably nothing basically wrong with this book, but I'm giving up on it after about 100 pages. It could be that it just doesn't meet my current need of story. Or maybe there's just not enough story.

The basic writing is pretty good. Good descriptions. Good distinctions between the main characters. They just aren't doing enough.

It's pretty slow. There are too many characters to keep track of right off the bat. I didn't really care about whoever it was that turned up dead. The spy threat hasn't been made real. I'm not really connecting with the main character.

I'm glad I got it free for my Nook.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment