Sunday, May 15, 2011

read: Atlantis (Bob Mayer)

AtlantisAtlantis by Bob Mayer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A good thriller has to have interesting characters, a good threat and plot that doesn't let up. Atlantis has all three. It also adds interest by bringing together the legend of Atlantis, the mysteries of the Bermuda Triangle, and a plausible response to the threat. All these ingredients kept me turning pages and should have been worth four stars.

But I have to mark it down because it also has plenty of typographical errors, a jumble of character viewpoints and confusing settings, and occasional cringe-inducing prose.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the review. I just finished The Journeyer by Gary Jennings and was looking for my next read. This is only $0.99 on Kindle right now so I grabbed it. Will enjoy checking it out.

    ReplyDelete