Sunday, June 14, 2009

notafilmcritic: "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" [C+]

I read that Lucas moved this from television to the theaters because of how good the first few episodes of the tv series looked on the big screen. After watching it on my big screen at home, I can see a little of that. In fact, that's what moves it from a C- to a C+. But I'm glad I didn't pay money to sit through this extended Saturday morning cartoon in the movie theater. The even bigger screen wouldn't have made it that much better. For me the most obvious thing wrong with this disaster starts with the script, including the characterizations. Everything is so geared toward a young audience that it hurts. The youngling padawan for Anakin. The smart-mouth repartee. The baby Hutt. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Anakin is not right. Jabba is not right. I can't think of a character that's really done right (as in matching the movies). But the animation was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment