Thursday, March 3, 2022

read: The Kaiju Preservation Society (5 stars)

The Kaiju Preservation SocietyThe Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't need to describe what this book is about. It says exactly what it is on the cover and most of the other reviews and the back cover blurb will give you some additional details. What I will do is tell you why I enjoyed this book and why you might, too.

Picture yourself on the couch flipping channels on a Saturday. 350 or so channels of sports, talking heads, old sit-coms and movies you didn't care to watch when they first came out. But wait. Go back. Is that Godzilla? The actual 1956 Godzilla with Raymond Burr? Cool! It's almost over. But you watch anyway. Flip, flip, flip. There's Silent Running! The 1972 eco-flick with cute robots and Bruce-effing-Dern saving the trees in a space ship. Flip, flip. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. "Captain! There be whales here." You get the picture. That's this book. And I loved every page.

Disclosure: Thank you to Netgalley and Tor Books for providing a free copy of this book in return for my honest review.

View all my reviews on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment