Friday, May 15, 2009

Obligatory First Post

It seems obligatory when kicking off a new blog to write a first post that explains it. This is that post. Since nobody is reading this but me, I must be explaining this blog to myself.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility, but certainly highly improbable, that you have discovered that I have written other blogs. Some of them even have been kept up-to-date for a time. Those tended to be very special purpose: documenting an attempt at National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) or its sibling Script Frenzy. I also used a blog to track my reading for a while. This blog should be different.

The intent of this blog is to energize and direct my writing. The idea, for now, is to make it a place where I am sure to get something down in writing every day. It may be a random thought or idea. It may be a sentence or paragraph inspired by a daily vocabulary word. It may be a link or pointer to something that I've just found that I think will help my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment