Tuesday, February 16, 2010

read: Boneshaker, Little Brother, Wrongful Death

Some other recent reads that I neglected to post here:

Boneshaker (The Clockwork Century, #1) Boneshaker by Cherie Priest


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
The setting, as unbelievable as it was, was fun and exciting. The characters were well drawn and likable and unlikable as appropriate. I read it as fast as I could, but wanted more when I was finished.

Little Brother Little Brother by Cory Doctorow


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is an absolutely fantastic book. What it mostly is about is fear and civil rights and personal responsibility. But for all of that, it's a very strong, personal story with plenty of action, adventure, and suspense.

Wrongful Death: A Novel Wrongful Death: A Novel by Robert Dugoni


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

About a fourth of the way in, the book became a thriller. Nice crisp writing. Setups that seemed to be headed in one direction and then surprisingly, but logically, taken in another. I was kept up reading way too late.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment