Tuesday, March 30, 2010

read: Coma

Coma Coma by Robin Cook


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I was expecting more from this book. After all, it was a best-seller and launched both a major motion picture and Robin Cook's career. I'm not entirely sure why. Somehow the story manages to stumble along and keep the reader interested, but it has a number of problems. I personally hung with it only because I knew something would (or should) eventually happen. The characters are unsympathetic and stereotyped (to this 21st century reader) and the plot is thin. To top it all off, the writing is overwrought and overburdened with medical terminology (yes, I know it's a 'medical thriller', but still) and repetitive introspection and self-loathing. Disappointing. [More...]

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment