Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader [B-]

Perhaps if I hadn't been only half-watching this film while doing something else I might have more to say about it. As it is, I can only say that it only occasionally captured my attention. But I think it went something like this: annoying cousin, magical painting, quest to restore something or other, travel, meet strange folks, get a map, annoying cousin turns into dragon, found the swords of whoever (the quest), but one is missing, cousin-as-dragon learns his lesson and heroically saves the day and the final sword, everyone hugs and goes back to England. The End. Nicely shot, but script needed a does of something. Lots of wooden posing and speech-making passing itself off as acting. I suppose I should go back and read the book. I did like the books... and the other films.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (IMDb)

No comments:

Post a Comment